Welcome to the Information page for Weathering the Storm 2017
Weathering the Storm 2017 will be held October 11, 2017. This annual disaster conference is an opportunity to learn and share information about disaster prevention, preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery.
Check back often to see more information including agenda, speaker information, and other important conference details. We hope you can join us this year.
The Shawnee Preparedness and Response Coalition is pleased to invite you to our Regional Disaster Conference: “Weathering the Storm.” This is the seventh year for this conference, and our intent is to provide a quality disaster preparedness conference in the southern region of the state.
This program will benefit a broad range of individuals and groups involved in personal, professional, and governmental emergency preparedness, planning, and response.
This conference is intended to provide relevant disaster preparedness education to members of our community involved or interested in disaster management. The Shawnee Preparedness and Response Coalition, the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response, and our local sponsors are excited to Bring this type of conference to Southern Illinois.
7:00-2:00 Visit vendors / exhibits and network with others
7:00-8:00 Registration Opens and Continental Breakfast (Expo Hall)
8:00-8:10 Welcome (Expo Hall)
8:10-9:10 Opening Address: (Expo Hall) Coalitions – Kevin Bernard
9:10-9:20 Break and visit exhibits
9:20-10:10 Concurrent Sessions #1
- Exercise Planning Basics – Doug Downey
- Weather – Rick Shanklin
- Earthquake – Brian Blake
- Use of Drones in the Emergency Setting- Gary Little
10:10-10:25 Break and visit exhibits
10:25-11:15 Concurrent Session #2
- Evacuation of franklin hospital and lessons learned – Judy Courter/Ryan Buckingham/Shane Cockrum/Loretta Ellis
- Do you know what’s in Your Neighborhood – D.W. Presley
- EM Resource Basic Training and Overview- Dan Lee
- Live line-AMEREN
11:15-12:00 Lunch & Networking (Expo Hall) Coalition Recruitment?
12:00-12:50 Concurrent Session #3
- Cyber Safety – Chris Trifiletti, FBI
- Live Line-AMEREN
- Stop the Bleed Dr. Mell Wellborn & Mary Raley
1:00-1:50 Concurrent Session #4
- ALICE Active Shooter – Murrah and Serles
- Stop the Bleed Dr. Mell Welborn & Mary Raley
- When It Hits the Fan: Congregation/Community Prep – Kara Dunkel
- Individual Preparedness – Larry Bush
2:00-2:50 Concurrent Session #5
- EM Resource Expanded Uses and Possibilities – Nick Nelson
- Civil Air Patrol
- ICS Planning Basics – Adam Croy
- Lessons learned from Eclipse 2017 – Panel discussion- William Barret, Chris Pulley, Kendall Hollister, and Shane Kerley
3:00-4:00 Closing Speaker – Opioid Epidemic and addiction – Tim Ryan
4:00-4:15 Closing Ceremony (Expo Hall)
Hotel Information – Coming Soon